RULES & POLICY
Post date: Dec 22, 2011 4:26:01 AM
STUDIO ETIQUETTE AND CLASS POLICY
"Even the most fun playgrounds need to have certain rules to maintain fairness to everyone"
As with any form of exercise never strain or force yourself while dancing. Please consult with your health care specialist before starting an exercise routine if you know or suspect of any medical condition. Moreover, you understand that the activities involved in the use of any of Latin Dance Factory's services entail risks which could result in physical or emotional injury. You expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in these activities, both known and unknown. Your participation in these activities is purely voluntary, and You elect to participate in spite of the risks.
The instructors, studio, their agents, officers,volunteers, participants, employees, persons or entitles acting in any capacity on their behalf, and students disclaim any liability or physical / emotional loss in connection with the classes taught therein.
GENERAL CLASS POLICY
- Please Be on Time: classes start right on the hour.
- Cell Phones: should be turned off or on vibrate during class. Exceptions apply if you are on call or emergency.
- Children: are not permitted to be at the studio without proper adult supervision.
- Students between 12 to 17 yrs of age MUST be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Just watching and not dancing: may make other students uncomfortable and it is not permitted.
- Rudeness: to instructor, classmates, assistants will not be tolerated.
- Switching Partners: in all group classes, unless notified, is encouraged.
- Video Taping: for group lessons is not allowed without instructor's consent. For private dance lessons, video taping is allowed for private reference only. You can post your videos online but please acknowledge Latin Dance Factory.
- Refunds: All sales are final, there are no refunds. The only exception to our refund policy is when group classes, bootcamp, or workshops are cancelled due to lack of proper class size requirement to proceed (at least 6 students for bootcamps; at least 4 students for group or workshop classes). In this case, you can opt for a full refund of the tuition or proceed with other alternative options as discussed with the instruct.
GROUP CLASS POLICY
- Full Pass / Class Cards: Can't be transfer to any other party without instructor consent. You must present your Full Pass / Class Card every time you come to class. If you forgot to bring it to class, you have to pay for the lesson at the rate of $15/person (individual class rate). Lost Class Passes that have not been properly backed-up will not be replaced. All students are responsible for their Class Cards. Treat it as cash.
- Missing Group Classes: Let the instructor know when you are going to miss more than 2 weeks of group classes. You will not lose the tuition, but if you miss several foundation classes in the beginning, you may feel out of sync with the rest of the group.
- Group Tuition Fees: are due the first day of class to lock in the "discounted bundle / Class Pass" rate. Otherwise, it is "pay as you go" rate.
- Switching from Group <> Private Tuition: Students can switch their group tuition (as credit) to Private Dance Lesson tuition if you would like a more personalized attention. However, students can not switch private tuition to group class tuition.
BOOTCAMP / WORKSHOP CLASS POLICY
- Missing / Rescheduling Workshops / Bootcamps: If you miss a workshop or bootcamp, or simply do not show, or cancel the day of the class, you will lose your tuition. You may use part of the credit towards one or two group dance lessons. We may offer your spot to another party for free. If you let us know with at least 24 hours in advance, you can use your credit towards the same style of dance bootcamp or workshop when it is offered. See our calendar.
- Workshops / Bootcamp Tuition Fees: Note that workshops and bootcamps have 2 different price rates based on when you buy your tickets: "Early Bird" Deal Price and Regular "Door Price." Lock in your Early Bird Price rate by paying prior the expiration date shown. All Workshops and Bootcamps require pre-registration to make sure there is an even number of guys to ladies, get the proper size room, and get adequate food and drinks. Walk ins may or may not join based on space, and will be charged the Door Price. No exceptions.
PRIVATE DANCE LESSON POLICY
- Missing / Rescheduling Private Dance Lessons: Although we do offer flexibility in our scheduling, we do require 24 hours notice (individual privates) or 48 hours notice (group privates or Make it a Date) if a lesson/party needs to be rescheduled. Last minute cancellations or no shows will result in loss of partial or total tuition or booking fee.
- Private Dance Lessons Tuition Fees: are due on your first appointment to lock in the rate of your private dance lesson package. Otherwise, it is the standard rate per hour - pay as you go. Except if it is your first private dance lesson.
- Excessive Absences / Rescheduling of Private Dance Lessons: repeated re-scheduling and unexcused absences will result in lost of full or partial tuition credit / booking fee towards any of our classes.