WHO ARE WE?
COME FOR A CLASS AND STAY FOR THE CULTURE
We believe that Latin dancing is one of the happiest ways to meet people, that anyone - regardless of background, age, and having one or two left feet can dance and, more importantly, have a great, stress free time while learning!
We are constantly challenging ourselves in being different from other dance schools by making our classes accesible, fun, sociable, and super affordable. Our easy-to-follow break down will have you dancing from the start. If you are the kind of person that likes trying new things, having lot's fun, and developing your talents, oh boy!, do we have some awesome dance classes for you!
THE DANCE INSTRUCTOR
International Dance Instructor Christian Franco was born and raised in Lima, Peru and migrated to United States in 1992. His skills in dancing incorporates techniques he has learned by training from several renowned instructors in dances such as Country Western (1998), Ballroom (2000), Salsa (2003), Bachata (2005), Tango (2006), and Kizomba (2011).
His classes are fun, engaging, and challenging. He pays attention to details and loves breaking down complex movements into easy to follow building blocks. He has conducted Afro-Latin workshops all across major cities in Texas, as well around the US: West Palm Beach, FL, Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN, New Jersey, NJ, Las Vegas, NV; New York, NY, and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Internationally he has taught in Madrid, Spain; Paris, France; Hanoi, Vietnam; Bangkok, Thailand; Shanghai, China; and Taipei, Taiwan.
Christian Franco focuses on solely in giving his students the attention they need to overcome their two left feet. Dancing, traveling, and connecting with people has become his passion and he is ready to share his energy and knowledge with anyone willing to receive it.
THE DANCE COMPANY
Established in June of 2007, Latin Dance Factory, is a dance company passionate about sharing the richness and beauty of some of the most amazing, energetic, and sexy Latin American dances in the world: Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Merengue, and Cumbia!
Our mission is simply to transform every day individuals into confident, versatile, and flavorful dancers through the mastery of music interpretation, self-expression, and leading / following skills. We do not want you to just sit and watch at the Latin Night Clubs. We want you to dance and have fun at it.
Our classes are a great place to meet people of all ages, walks of life, and cultural backgrounds who share a fascination with dance. If you want to learn Salsa now, if you want to move on the dance floor with confidence and passion; want to meet new and interesting people, and participate in fun and rewarding activities, then you have come to the right place!
TOP REASONS TO TRAIN WITH US
What are you waiting for? If you can move, you can dance! Learn to dance Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Kizomba, and Cumbia in Houston, TX, Pearland, TX, and surrounding areas! Spice up your life by moving through the provocative sounds of Afro-Latin music.
- We dance seven days a week! We are always offering several opportunities to dance every week - Check our Calendar. If you feel like dancing, simply follow our schedule and meet us!
- Fun, insightful, and affordable. Our dance classes in Houston / Pearland are a great way to let go of daily stress, the monotonous routine, and the boredom of inactivity.
- Learn the essentials and take them up a notch. Whether you are a novice dancer or a seasoned dancer, you will have a great time while being constantly challenged to develop your dancing skills. We encompass a wide range of exercises to master the essential techniques of dancing: Footwork, body movement, timing, terminology, musicality, pattern variations, frame / hand connection, and styling.
- Approachable and fun breakdown of each move. We do not try to overload our students with too much information at once, but in different layers and building blocks according to the level and expectations of the class.
- We will never make you feel bad for making mistakes! That is why you come to train with us. We want you to make mistakes and ask us as many questions as possible so we can fix them and polish the rough edges.
- Lead / follow with confidence, elegance, and flavor. We not only focus on the social aspect of dancing but on technique so that our students can lead and follow the dance moves / figures outside of class with anyone and everyone.
- Practice makes it better! We couple our dance classes with socials around Houston, TX so that our students can find several opportunities to meet up, practice, and continue developing their dancing skills. Do not think that because you are a beginner, you can't have fun on the dance floor!
- Missed a group class? No worries! We are flexible in regards to student attendance and absences. We know that life happens and sometimes it is not possible to attend every single class consecutively. You are free to come and go as you please. Start anytime!
- No partner needed! Come alone or with friends. Do not be shy. We will make you feel welcome. Once you start I guarantee that you will make friends very fast!