Sensual Bachata Camp. Sun Aug 13, 3:30-6:30p Body Evol. Pearland
SENSUAL BACHATA! BEAUTIFUL ELEGANT STYLE!
Learn body waves, isolation techniques, and beautiful turns: Sensual Bachata.
Lead and follow with confidence. Go from zero to dancing in 3 hours.
Never danced before? No problem. We will turn you into a great Bachata dancer.
Don't wait until last minute! Limited spots.
Social Hashtag: #SensualBachataCamp
Hurry! Discounted Online Price Ends In:
BOOK EARLY AND SAVE $5+
SENSUAL BACHATA BOOTCAMP
$30+/P ONLINE | $40/P AT THE DOOR
Couples $55 Online | $90 At The Door
SENSUAL BACHATA SYLLABUS
- Review of Basic Foundations
- Lady Styling
- Half Steps
- Warp Turns
- Reverse turns for Men
- Extended Turns
- Sensual Style Basic steps
- Connection, posture, embrace
- Principles of waves and energy
- Body Isolations
- Bolero Basic
- Forward Break
- Torso Rolls
- Neck Rolls
- Hip Rolls
- Leadable fun, sociable combinations
Call/Text @ 832-413-2623
Se habla Español
WHAT IS SENSUAL BACHATA?
Sensual Bachata is a new style of Bachata developed in Cadiz, Spain around early 2000's by professional dancers Korke and Judith. The term became more widely use around 2010 at the very first Sexy and Sensual Festival which fused Bachata, Kizomba, and Zouk for the first time.
This new dance style enhances the basic side-to-side step and turns - foundations of traditional Bachata - and adds new body movements such as slides, waves, and body rolls from Brazilian Zouk to highlight the mood and feel of modern Bachata songs. Korke found inspiration for these new movements from Romantic songs belonging to Juan Luis Guerra - one of the pioneers of modern Bachata music.
Keep in mind that typical Bachata music (i.e. music by Joan Soriano, Yoskar Sarante, Raulin Rodriguez, Joe Vera, among many others) is primarily centered around different guitars like the Requinto (lead guitar), Segunda (rhythm guitar), and bass guitar, as well as the bongos and güira. Modern Bachata (i.e. music by Romeo Santos, Prince Royce, Grupo Extra, as well as remixes of popular R&B songs by DJs) add, change, or fuse these typical instruments with synthetic instruments, electric guitar, and stronger bass to add a more urban, upbeat R&B feel.
TRADITIONAL BACHATA VS SENSUAL BACHATA
SENSUAL, NOT SEXUAL!
There is a myth around the term "Sensual Bachata" - mainly because, the word "Sensual" in front of it. People tend to think that Sensual is synonym with the word Sexual, and that to dance Sensual Bachata you must remain in very close position with your partner - whom you might or might not know - at all times. This is very far from the truth.
First Sensual and sexual meaning are very different from each other. They are not synonyms. Just check it out: senseuality.blogspot.com/2011/04/sensuality-vs-sexuality-do-you-know.html
Second, while there are moves that require a close position with your partner - just like in many other dances including Salsa, Kizomba, Tango, most of the moves require adequate space between the partners to perform. In essence, Sensual Bachata is not grinding to Bachata music! Rather is a very elegant, beautiful to watch, and graceful dance.
DO I NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DANCING?
It helps if you are comfortable with the basic step, the basic right/left turn, and the basic connections. We will not teach these skills during the Sensual Bachata Workshop. We expect students to be able to pick up where we left off to introduce new techniques and use the time more efficiently. If you lack these basic skills, we advise that you first do our Level 1 aka Two Left Feet Bachata Bootcamp.
- How do I register?
- Can I walk-in to a bootcamp?
- Can I pay at the door?
- I need to reschedule, something came up, what happens to my payment?
- What is a couple?
- If I signed up by myself, with whom will I dance?
- If I signed up with my partner, can we stay together the whole class?
- What do I wear to the Bootcamp?
- I can't make it this time around, will you offer this Bootcamp again?
- The bootcamp is sold out...
- Do you offer other dance bootcamps?
- Can I get a discount if I buy more than one dance bootcamp?
- Register with time to ensure a spot in our class
- Check your email for a copy of your receipt
- Save the day / time of the dance bootcamp in your calendar
- Eat something before the Bootcamp. Do not come on an empty stomach
- No last minute cancellations allowed or your spot will be given to another party