If there is any other question that you need help with, please contact us
directly at 832-413-2623
Yes we certainly can! If you can set up a group of friends that like to learn, we can go to your home and conduct the class there - either as a one time event or a set of weekly lessons. The event can be scheduled at your convenience. Rates vary according to the size of the group and also the frequency of the lessons. A small travel fee may apply to locations beyond 5 miles from our studio. This includes areas in Houston, Katy, Sugarland, Clear Lake, Alvin, Pasadena, Friendswood, and others.
We know that you like to learn and sometimes you have to face obstacles like finding a baby sitter, or being new in town, or simply you just want to provide some entertainment to your group of friends at the comfort of your own place. So don't be shy, just ask us. We are here to help!
Dance time (and a commitment) to practice: The work in learning to dance gets more complex with each dance class and it is important to be able to practice until you can make each move natural, easy and your own. You're going for "muscle memory". This is a total sensory experience: You have to feel the rhythm, the count, the patterns, the connections, the music and of course, your partner. You will want to "own" each move and constant practice and repetition is the only way.
A "CAN DO" attitude is a must-have! SALSA is FUN! It shouldn't be stressful or competitive. Practice at your own pace... Take as much time as you need for each hour, but enjoy yourself! Feel the magic of the movement and the music! If you give it time, learning to dance can really change your life!
"Even the most fun playgrounds need to have certain rules to maintain fairness to everyone"
As with any form of exercise never strain or force yourself while dancing. Please consult with your health care specialist before starting an exercise routine if you know or suspect of any medical condition. Moreover, you understand that the activities involved in the use of any of Latin Dance Factory's services entail risks which could result in physical or emotional injury. You expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in these activities, both known and unknown. Your participation in these activities is purely voluntary, and You elect to participate in spite of the risks.
The instructors, studio, their agents, officers,volunteers, participants, employees, persons or entitles acting in any capacity on their behalf, and students disclaim any liability or physical / emotional loss in connection with the classes taught therein.
General Class Policy:
- Please Be on Time: classes start right on the hour.
- Cell Phones: should be turned off or on vibrate during class. Exceptions apply if you are on call or emergency.
- Children: are not permitted to be at the studio without proper adult supervision.
- Students between 12 to 17 yrs of age MUST be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Just watching and not dancing: may make other students uncomfortable and it is not permitted.
- Rudeness: to instructor, classmates, assistants will not be tolerated.
- Parking: at Latin Dance Factory is allowed in driveway or cul-de-sac. Please be courteous to your classmates and do not take more space than needed. Also do not block driveways. At Body Evolution Fitness Center or Emerald Bay Club House is open and there is plenty of space.
- Switching Partners: in all group classes, unless notified, is encouraged.
- Video Taping: for group lessons is not allowed without instructor's consent. For private dance lessons, video taping is allowed for private reference only. You can post your videos online but please acknowledge Latin Dance Factory.
- Refunds: All sales are final, there are no refunds. The only exception to our refund policy is when group classes, bootcamp, or workshops are cancelled due to lack of proper class size requirement to proceed. In this case, you can opt for a full refund of the tuition or proceed with other alternative options as discussed with the instruct.
Group Class Policy
- Class Cards: Can't be transfer to any other party without instructor consent. You must present your Class Card every time you come to class. If you forgot to bring it to class, you have to pay for the lesson at the rate of $15/person (individual class rate). Lost Class Passes that have not been properly backed-up will not be replaced. All students are responsible for their Class Passes. Treat it as cash.
- Missing Group Classes: Let the instructor know when you are going to miss more than 2 weeks of group classes. You will not lose the tuition, but if you miss several foundation classes in the beginning, you may feel out of sync with the rest of the group.
- Group Tuition Fees: are due the first day of class to lock in the "discounted bundle / Class Pass" rate. Otherwise, it is "pay as you go" rate.
- Switching from Group <> Private Tuition: Students can switch their group tuition (as credit) to Private Dance Lesson tuition if you would like a more personalized attention. However, students can not switch private tuition to group class tuition.
Private Dance Lesson Policy
- Missing / Rescheduling Private Dance Lessons: Although we do offer flexibility in our scheduling, we do require 24 hours notice (individual privates) or 48 hours notice (group privates or Make it a Date) if a lesson/party needs to be rescheduled. Last minute cancellations or no shows will result in loss of partial or total tuition or booking fee.
- Private Dance Lessons Tuition Fees: are due on your first appointment to lock in the rate of your private dance lesson package. Otherwise, it is the standard rate per hour - pay as you go. Except if it is your first private dance lesson.
- Excessive Absences / Rescheduling of Private Dance Lessons: repeated re-scheduling and unexcused absences will result in lost of full or partial tuition credit / booking fee towards any of our classes.
Bootcamp Dance Policy
If you let us know with at least 24 hours in advance, you can use your credit towards the
- Missing / Rescheduling Bootcamp: If you miss a bootcamp, or simply do not show, or cancel the day of the bootcamp, you will lose your tuition. You may use part of the credit towards one group dance lesson. We will offer your spot to another party for free.
same style of dance bootcamp four to five weeks later when it is offered.
- Bootcamp Tuition Fees: Note that bootcamps have 2 different price rates based on when you buy your tickets: Deal Price and At The Door Price. Lock in your Deal Price rate by paying prior the expiration date shown. All Bootcamps required pre-registration to make sure there is an even number of guys to ladies, get the proper size room, and get adequate food and drinks. Walk ins will be charged the Door Price. No exceptions.
NO. You do not need a partner to start learning how to dance salsa. Nearly all beginner group classes accommodate students with no partners. There are ladies that come by themselves, there are guys that come by themselves. During class we create a circle and we rotate from one person to the next. It's fun, sociable, and you will practice your dance moves with different people. For private dance lessons, if you do not have a dance partner, you will be dancing with the instructor or assistant instructor if applicable. Remember that the price for private lessons is the same if you come alone or with a friend.
In case you do have a partner, please remember that there are some advantages and disadvantages to dancing with the same person consistently. Advantages of having a partner is that you have someone to practice with on a regular basis, which is great because a lot of practice is very important. However, practicing with only one partner should be avoided, since your lead/follow will adjust to the partner's mistakes or you will learn to automatically anticipate their moves from sheer habit. So as soon as you start dancing with someone else you may encounter problems. While developing the leading and following skills, it is best to dance with a lot of different partners so you don’t rely on your partner to know your moves and compensate for your mistakes.
Based on experience, in a group dance class it is best to rotate partners. You and your partner will get helpful input from dancing with other people which you can then bring back to your practice sessions with each other. Again this is not mandatory for husbands and wives wanting to just dance with each other. In private lessons, we will often switch partners with the instructors/assistants so we can offer you feedback on leading and following.
For a beginner class, special dance shoes are not necessary.Wear shoes with leather or other hard soles that are somewhat slippery and will not catch on smooth floors. You want to be able to spin and slide... not stick. For men, a thinner, more flexible sole is better than a thicker, rubbery sole. For women, flats or heels are fine, ideally shoes with support around the ankle. Avoid shoes with an open back (i.e. flip-flops or mules).
At a more advanced levels (Improver, Intermediate, Advanced, or Master Classes) especially for followers who spin more, shoes with soles that are conducive to spinning will be required (thin leather or suede soles are ideal). Running shoes are not recommended. However it will be a while before your normal shoes present a problem. It’s probably best if you wear the same shoes you wear when you go dancing. For example if you wear 2-inch heels when you dance in the clubs, you should also dance on 2-inch heels to get accustomed to the different balance involved.
If you take dancing more seriously or for a long period of time, you may want to invest in a pair of dance shoes (thin suede soles) which cannot be worn in the streets and a pair of dance sneakers (jazz shoes) to practice your shines or for a full day of workshops.
Our dress code is casual dressy to dress to impress in certain occasions (i.e. Date Night Dancing). Wear clothes that "breathe," particularly in hotter weather. For men, we suggest a light t-shirt under your regular shirt to absorb perspiration (not pleasant for the ladies to hold you if your shirt is soaked!). For women, wear clothes you will feel comfortable moving around in (can be casual to more dressy). Keep jewelry to a minimum as that can get caught and/or can scratch or hurt your partner. Of course good comfortable clothing should go hand in hand with good hygiene.
If this is your first time at the Latin Dance Factory, please print driving directions to find the location of our dance studio. Please note that we teach in three different locations each of which is just 5 minutes from each other. We are located in Pearland, TX.
It is recommended you bring a water bottle since you will be getting thirsty from all that dancing. Some students bring hand towels to manage perspiration. You can also bring a notepad if you like to take notes right after your dance class.
For private dance lessons only - you can bring a video camera to record the summary dance lesson of the private. In any scenario, do not forget to bring your smiles!
Everybody's experience is different. In general, as with any form of learning, you will feel excited about meeting new people, feel eager to start dancing and at the same you will feel challenged and overwhelmed trying to understand the mechanics of the moves, proposing leads and following them. That is normal and part of the "overloading phase of Salsa or any other Latin dance". No matter what, you will have tons fun, you will feel good every time you master a dance step or move, and you will connect better with your dance partner by laughing and moving around the dance floor.
Simple answer: Anywhere between 16 to 40 students =)
Complex answer: When we started teaching at our own place, we removed the living room furniture to make space for up to 20 students per class. Well overtime the interest and word of mouth has increased so much that we can no longer remove furniture or tear down walls =) So we have moved 2 main beginner / improver classes: Salsa and Bachata to a couple of new and bigger locations here in Shadow Creek - Body Evolution Fitness Gym and Emerald Bay Club House. Both are just minutes away from Latin Dance Factory