Our mission is not only to diffuse the beauty of Salsa and Afro-Latin dancing among different communities but to transform individuals into confident, versatile, and knowledgeable dancers through the mastery of music interpretation, self-expression, and leading / following skills.
If you can walk, you can dance Salsa, Bachata, Cumbia, Kizomba, and/or Merengue! So spice up your life by moving through the sounds of provocative Afro-Latin music, say goodbye to your two left feet, and discover the dancer in you!
TOP TEN REASONS TO TAKE LESSONS WITH US
- Fun, insightful, and affordable. Our dance classes in Pearland / Houston are a great way to let go of daily stress, the monotonous routine, and the boredom of inactivity. Whether you are a novice dancer or a seasoned dancer, you will have a great time while being constantly challenged to develop your dancing skills. We are very affordable as well! Just do your research, we are the best deal in town when you consider the level of training provided, the flexibility in our attendance policy, the length of the lessons, the size of the group class, and our free socials / discounted class offers.
- Learn the core essentials. We encompass a wide range of exercises to master the essential techniques of dancing: Footwork, body movement, timing, terminology, musicality, pattern variations, frame / hand connection, and styling. You will always learn something new in our group dance classes. We never repeat the same class with the same exact information.
- Small size, personable, and student oriented. We only take up to 30 students per class. This is a major advantage over large size classes because more individual attention can be given to each student, our classes can be adapted easily to the dynamics and interests of the students, and anyone that is having difficulty during the lesson is less likely to fall through the cracks.
- Approachable and fun breakdown of each move. That is, less talk and more dancing. We do not try to overload our students with too much information at once, but in different layers according to the level and expectations of the class. Unlike other Latin dance programs, our classes are not about memorizing routines. Our innovative system teaches students to dance naturally by developing a core dance repertoire and internalizing the steps through drills and repetition.
- We will never make you feel bad for making mistakes! While teaching the dance patterns, we closely watch our students performance and immediately addressed common mistakes while they try the dance moves and figures. We encourage our students to address us every time a move is not working for them so we can clean up the rough edges.
- Lead / follow with confidence, elegance, and "flavor." We do not just focus on the social aspect of dancing but also focus on technique so that our students can lead and follow the dance moves / figures outside of class with anyone and everyone. The moves taught are not choreographed, they are 100% leadable on the dance floor. We even give you tips on how to lead them to anyone - even if that person has not had formal dance training before.
- Several practice opportunities. We couple our dance classes with outings and socials around Pearland and Houston so that our students can find several opportunities to meet up, practice, and continue developing their dancing skills. Pratice makes perfect. Do not think that because you are a beginner, you can't have fun on the dance floor! Join our local group for up to date outing notifications!
- Missed a class? No worries!* We are flexible in regards to student attendance and absences. We know that life happens and sometimes it is not possible to attend every single class. When you purchase a Class Pass*, your card gets a mark every time you come. You never lose on your tuition. Students are given the opportunity to make up missed classes rather than telling them that they have completely lost them.
- Classes can carry over to other weeks/months. Thanks to our Class Pass* of 4, 8 or 12 group dance lessons, you come only when you can. You can even mix and match classes. There are no expiration dates. We recommend that you stay engaged with your classes to get the proper foundation steps.
- Free classes. Risk free! and then more free / discounted classes in the future. We are always offering free classes every month during our socials / outings so you can learn new fun moves and meet with other dancers. We also offer free group lesson and private dance lesson give aways on all our 4hr bootcamps. Additionally we are always creating new offers on our facebook page from time to time so that you can enjoy the benefits of training with us.
"Never in my wildest dreams I would image God blessing me this way through dancing Salsa.
I'm thankful for the friends that I've been able to meet and for the things I've been able to do."
22 Things About Me
1. I am from Lima, Peru. This is a country that must be on your top 10 places to visit. It's just beautiful!
2. I currently live in Pearland, just 10 miles from Downtown Houston. I bet your Grandma lives there.
3. My guilty pleasure is So You Think You Can Dance show. I like it better than Dancing with the Stars.
4. For five years (age 11 to 16) I played the piano. My mother wanted me to enter a conservatory, but that changed when we migrated to United States looking for a brighter future.
5. Growing up, I didn't dance as many people think I have done for all my life. Even right after I graduated college, I didn't dance once. I was just too busy trying to finish my pre-med major while being in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M University
6. A girl got me into dancing. I liked her so much, I was willing to do anything to impress her. We started with Ballroom from 2000 to 2003.
Established in June of 2007, Latin Dance Factory
, is a dance company passionate about sharing the richness and beauty of some of the most amazing, energetic, and sexy Latin American dances in the world: Salsa
, Bachata, Merengue, and Cumbia! Very recently we have also started diffusing the sensuality of Kizomba an Angolan mesmerizing dance that is gaining the hearts of several dance clubs here in the US.
Located in Shadow Creek Ranch
, Pearland, TX, Latin Dance Factory has been offering fun Salsa Bachata Merengue Cumbia and Kizomba dance classes to residents of Houston, Pearland and surrouding areas
. Our classes are a great place to meet people of all ages, walks of life, and cultural backgrounds who share a fascination with dance. If you want to learn Salsa now, if you want to move on the dance floor with confidence and passion; want to meet new and interesting people; and participate in fun and rewarding activities, then you have come to the right place!
Our classes are fun, small in size, and very affordable. The instruction is top quality, stress-free, and very laid back. What you will invest in yourself, it will last for a long long time!
Latin Dance Factory started as a small project training just 4 students in our living room. Over time this project has transformed into a very rewarding and fulfilling experience surpassing any of our expectations. People want to dance and they love to dance! Currently, we have trained over 2000 students locally and many more abroad with our Salsa Apps for iPhone / iPad
. We have also had the priviledge to teach at different US and World Congresses and Festivals such as the Puerto Rico Salsa Congress in San Juan, PR; Bachatea Congress in Madrid, Spain; The Dallas Bachata and Kizomba Festival in Dallas, TX.
Thanks to dancing we have discovered the gift of teaching and learning, the ability to connect with others, and the power to make a difference in people's lives...
We would be honored to have you being part of our dance community. Join us today